- All temporary stays are subject to availability and for a maximum of 21 nights.
- All rooms are single-gender (non-mixed), unless you reserve the whole room.
- Please note that we are a student residence and many of our rooms have bunk beds.
- Please note that we have two buildings and you may be required to move rooms during your stay.
- We are not always able to provide en-suite rooms. Our standard rooms are not en-suite. Bathrooms, showers and toilets are located along the corridor and they are shared with an average of five other residents.
- There are no self-catering facilities but we have a bistro and a bar where you will be able to have breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
- Our accommodation is in two buildings that are five minutes’ walk from each other, they are Great Portland Street and Mary Trevelyan Hall. The building you stay in will be allocated after you have booked your accommodation and is allocated subject to availability in both buildings.
- Check in is from 12:30 pm onwards and check out is before 10:00 am. Both check in and check out must be done at the reception at Great Portland Street even if your accommodation is in Mary Trevelyan Hall.
- We do not have a curfew.
- You will need a debit or credit card in order to make a reservation. To confirm the booking full payment for your stay will be taken in advance. Our cancellation and refund policy are below.
- Payments in person can be made by credit card, debit card or in cash. Please note we do not accept American Express or Diners Club and payment can only be made in pounds sterling.
- Short stay guests are welcome to have visitors. However, they are only allowed in the public areas and cannot access the residence hall
- Children under 18 are welcome to stay at International Students House but should be accompanied by an adult. Please be aware that ISH is unable to accept bookings for minors under 18 where no adults are present.
- Minors cannot stay in dormitories or shared rooms unless the whole room is booked in advance and an adult is travelling with them.
100% charge is applicable at the time of booking.
Refunds will be offered as follows:
- Notice given up to 8 days before your booking commences: Full refund
- Notice given within 7 to 2 days before your booking commences: we will retain the first night’s stay or 10% of the cost of the whole booking whichever is greater.
- Under 48 hours notice: no refund
- In the event of a Non-Arrival, the payment for the full duration of the accommodation reserved will be forfeited. If you have not checked in or contacted us by phone before 8am the morning after your confirmed arrival date to reconfirm that you still intend to arrive, we will assume your reservation is cancelled and the rooms may be re-let.
Data Protection – Your privacy is important to us
International Students House collects, holds and processes personal data relating to its students in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018. It is essential for it to do so in order to manage our operation effectively. If you do not want your data to be held in this way, please contact the Accommodation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.