The Mary Trevelyan Hardship Fund, named after our founder, is a fund available to students in London who have found themselves in unexpected financial difficulties during their studies.
Students must meet the following criteria to apply for the Mary Trevelyan Fund:
- Studying full-time at a recognised Higher Education Institution in London
- Either an ISH resident (of any nationality) OR studying at an Institution that holds membership with ISH and non-British
- In financial need due to unexpected circumstances
- Other than in exceptional circumstances, the maximum award will be a grant or a loan of up to £1,000
- Applicants should not require total funding in excess of £2,000
- The grant cannot normally be used to pay university tuition fees
- Preference will be given to students in their final year of study
- Evidence of applications to / awards from a university’s hardship fund would strengthen an application
Download an application form to apply for the Mary Trevelyan fund.