Mission & Values
Share this page
International Students House is a unique, vibrant, caring student charity in the heart of central London.
Our House is home to over 600 residents from all over the world, and we open our doors to the thousands of students at 39 partner institutions, giving access to ISH’s community, events and facilities.
- To promote global friendship and understanding among our students
- To help students achieve the academic and personal aims and career aspirations that have brought them to the United Kingdom
- To provide the best possible opportunities for international students to experience the many facets of life in the UK and to give them a deeper understanding of British society
- To give British students an opportunity to broaden their horizons through friendship with people from widely differing backgrounds and cultures
- By these means to make an effective contribution to better international relations
- To promote global friendship and understanding
ISH’s homely character comes from our values. We stand together by these values to provide the best possible experience for our residents and staff.
- Respect - promoting global friendship and understanding
- Trust & integrity - belief in the organisation and each other
- Support - providing a home away from home
- Progressive - thirst for innovation
- Quality - delivering a five star service
Our mission and values hold true to the vision of our founder, Mary Trevelyan, and the beginning of International Student House in 1965. Our friendship, understanding, openness and cooperation are at the core of the ISH experience and underpin everything the charity does.